学生访问 and Achievement
The 学生访问 and Achievement Program supports various school-based acceleration and enrichment programs offered during the school day, 放学后几个小时, 甚至超过了学年.
The goal of 学生访问 and Achievement is to provide students with support to achieve the high academic standards of the Howard County Public School System. 学生访问 and Achievement is composed of several programs.
The 工作人员 of the Office of 学生访问 and Achievement collaborates closely with various community groups and organizations. 查看 listing of select community partners.
Acceleration Pathways and 支持
- BSAP Community Based Learning Centers (Elementary)
- Mathematics Engineering and Science Achievement Program (MESA)
- BSAP Saturday Mathematics Academy
- BSAP Programs (Elementary and Secondary)
- Summer Institute (Elementary and Secondary)
Black Student Achievement Program (BSAP)
The Black Student Achievement Program (BSAP) seeks to close achievement gaps for African American students and ensure students are college and 职业生涯 ready at the time of graduation.
BSAP Achievement Liaisons assist Elementary and Secondary students with meeting identified educational, 职业生涯, 个人, 和社会能力.
Hispanic Achievement Program
The Hispanic Achievement Program works collaboratively with central programs and schools to achieve the school system’s goals for Hispanic students, and ensure they are college and 职业生涯 ready at the time of graduation.
The program provides professional development for 工作人员, facilitates the engagement of Hispanic 家庭, develops leadership skills among Hispanic youth, and partners with community agencies.
Vacancy, Hispanic Achievement Specialist,
读一个员工关注的故事 on Vanessa Morales, Hispanic Achievement Liaison, 储层 High School
Hispanic Achievement Liaisons
The Hispanic Achievement Liaisons are assigned to one or more specific schools. Under the guidance of the Hispanic Achievement Specialist, they collaborate with students, 工作人员, 家庭, and community members to accelerate the academic achievement of all Hispanic students.
- Support Hispanic students and their 家庭 in the Howard County Public School System
- Serve as a communication link between school 工作人员 and Hispanic students, and their 家庭
- Monitor the progress of all Hispanic students, in collaboration with school 工作人员, to ensure their placement in appropriate programs, in order to accelerate their academic achievement
- Monitor the behavioral data of all Hispanic students, in collaboration with school 工作人员, in order to increase positive learning behaviors and ensure student achievement
- Educate the school community towards a deeper understanding of Hispanic students and their 家庭
- Facilitate the involvement of Hispanic 家庭 in the educational process
- Collaborate with non-profits and government agencies to support Hispanic students and their 家庭
- Interpret and do short translations as needed
- Conduct Parent Information Meetings in collaboration with Special Education and Student Services and curricular programs such as the beyond school day and year programs, 标题我计划, 和GT程序.
- Bollman Bridge – Tatiana Pham
- Ducketts Lane – Elcy Seminara
- 汉诺威山 – Griselda Osorio
- 月桂森林 – Sandra Cusick
- Phelps Luck – Ana García-Hedges
- 塔尔博特弹簧 – Arlette Garcia
- 哈珀的选择 – Lorena Palmer
- Oakland Mills – Teresa Norman
- Patuxent Valley – Danializ Arbelo
- 托马斯高架桥 – Minerva Contreras
- Hammond – Elliot Quinteros-Valdes
- 触手可及- Cyndy Mercado
- Oakland Mills – Jose de la Mar
- 储层 – Vanessa Morales
- Wilde Lake – Marilyn Barker
Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement Program (MESA)
MESA是结构化的, 课外的, pre-college program that prepares students for academic and professional 职业生涯s in mathematics, 工程, 科学, and technology and is in partnership with The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Maryland MESA Program. 访问 马里兰台面.
A primary focus of MESA is to introduce students to the Engineering Design Process, which is a foundational concept outlined in the Next Generation Science Standards. MESA nurtures and fosters crucial skills that are in high demand to support new and rapidly evolving industries, some of which have not been created. 这些技能包括:
- 有效的口服 & 书面交流
- Accessing and Analyzing Information
- 团队合作 & 协作
Increase the number of engineers, 科学家们, 数学家, and related professionals at technical and management levels.
Encourage and assist minorities and females in achieving success in these fields.
MESA Participating 龙8国际app手机客户端:
- St. 约翰·莱恩
- Mt. 希伯仑
- MESA Regional Administrator, Raymond Lucas (410) 313-1598
- 学生访问 & Achievement Coordinator, Sheree Tilley (410) 313-6804