Home and Hospital Teachers are part-time, non-contracted employees who are hired on a per student basis. It is the responsibility of the home teacher to instruct students on an individual basis in a home, 医院, or community setting in a variety of subject areas for the period of time a referred student is out of school. Home and Hospital teachers act as the liaison between the students, 父母, and the home schools to help students remain current with their regular class. A Howard County teacher may also serve as a home and 医院 teacher.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or have demonstrated satisfactory performance as a home and 医院 teacher before July 1, 2001
- Current teacher certification is preferred, but not required
- 完成一个 在线申请
- Successfully interview with the Pupil Personnel Worker for Home and Hospital Teaching
- Be placed on the active Home and Hospital roster
- Obtain a photo identification through the Office of Security, 查看日期和时间
- State and Local Recognition Awards Of Excellence
The home and 医院 teacher will follow these steps in providing educational services to home bound students as appropriate:
- Accept referral from Home and Hospital Teaching Office with the following information:
- Disability/duration/any precautions, transition plan (when appropriate)
- Contact the parent or guardian within 24 HOURS to introduce yourself.
- Contact school staff within 24 HOURS to introduce yourself and have guidance disseminate H/H FORM 13.
- Visit the student’s home school to talk with relevant school staff, 收集书籍和材料, and negotiate details of service delivery plan.
- Expect books and materials within 48 HOURS after your request.
- Attend 60-day reverification, 30-day review, and IEP team meetings, when appropriate.
- 在作业结束时, give the parent or guardian a parent feedback form to be completed and returned to the Home and Hospital Teaching Office.
- Call the Home and Hospital Teaching Office for ANY concerns or questions.
- Call the Home and Hospital Teaching Office and the registrar at the conclusion of the assignment with the termination date and grades.
- Complete all necessary paper work; for example, reimbursement forms and interim grade reports (when appropriate).
- Complete final Grade Report Form (H/H Form 7) and send it to the Guidance Office/Registrar with a copy to the Home and Hospital Teaching Office.
- Return books and materials to home school at the conclusion of the instructional period.
Outlined below is a list of what will be expected from you and upon being hired you agree to be evaluated upon:
- Develop with classroom teachers an academic plan for the projected period of time the student will be out of school
- Develop a teaching schedule with the student and parent and provide 父母 with a copy of Parent Guidelines.
- Prepare a written lesson plan for each student meeting.
- Plan according to the instructional needs and abilities of the student, implementing the 临时替代设置 IEP when applicable.
- Relate plans to the county curriculum and to the classroom teachers’ plans.
- Develop strategies to deal with the physical/emotional disabilities in an effective way.
- Follow the written lesson plans as described in Part I PLANNING.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the discipline being taught.
- Use content as specified in the county curriculum.
- Use planned opening procedures, lesson development, and closing strategies.
- Provide for appropriate interaction and participation of student.
- Use a variety of materials and strategies in the development of the lesson.
- Use only instructional materials which conform to the subject selection criteria.
- Provide varied learning experiences which are relevant to current lesson objectives and curriculum guidelines.
- Provide evaluative activities which emphasize observable outcomes.
- Maintain standards of student behavior so that lesson objectives may be attained.
- Help the parent understand the need for a functionally neat, orderly, and quiet learning environment.
- Have written grading procedures that conform to county and school guidelines, including criteria for evaluation of projects and essays.
- Notify students and 父母 of the grading system.
- Maintain sufficient recorded data for each student to support grading procedures.
- Begin instruction within a responsible time after accepting the assignment.
- Maintain the teaching schedule developed with the parent.
- Value the confidentiality of the family situations in which they become involved.
- Work actively at maintaining communication with home school staffs.
Please Note: We no longer accept paper or faxed applications or reference forms.